Thursday, November 1, 2012

October's 30-Day Photo Challenge

The month of October is officially over. I obviously have a special place for it in my heart, it being my birth month & the month of my star sign: Libra. I wanted to challenge myself this moth so I started a “30-Day Photo Challenge” on Facebook. I promised to post a picture every day (and as a double challenge, I promised to only post pictures that I’ve personally taken with my NK registered trademark…) Surprisingly, I followed through! Here’s a compilation of the 30 pictures I took everyday throughout the month:

Photo Challenge – Day 1: A Photo of Yourself
Here we are, in the rains of October! I’m high on this month, at least until the 11th ;-) … C’EST MOI


Photo Challenge – Day 2: A photo of what you wore today
For today’s fashion segment… I wore my crisp Bank Uniform! :-P Assorted with MK shoes and Nine West handbag which has a convenient front pocket for my Blackberry… of course topped off with a 2nd of October Smile! :-)


Photo Challenge – Day 3: A photo of your favorite place to be
Anywhere near the water, the beach, the sea, the ocean, anything water related… that’s what floats my boat! ;-) I hadn’t been to El Mina in a while and so after work this afternoon, I drove to the Cornish for a quiet few minutes of this… :-)


Photo Challenge – Day 4: A photo from a high angle
One of the reasons I love photography is because with my lens, I get to see the world from a different perspective. However, the photographer seldom gets to be in the picture. That’s why I decided to play with this idea a little bit. What if I could distance myself from me, how would I appear from afar? I set up my cam on a tripod which I likewise set up on this table… HELLO! :-)


Photo Challenge – Day 5: A photo of whatever you please
It all started a couple years ago when I was visiting a friend and I noticed she had a couple of magnets on her fridge. She told me that she liked to collect magnets from every country she's been to. The thought stuck in my head except I decided to expand it from "countries" to "cities" as well…
What I especially like about the collection on my fridge is the sense of happiness I get from looking at it, as each magnet reminds me of the country or city I've been to, and all the good memories I've had there. And if I haven't been there, the magnet would remind me of the person. And so, having a combination of all these magnets is like having a combination of all these memories in one place, that remind me on a daily basis of all the good places and people I've been blessed to go to and meet in life. And I can only hope that they all keep growing… :-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 6: A photo from a low angle
It's been a full week, full of blessings, Alhamdulillah… but before I sleep, I'll leave you with the night sky, with a little light and a little quote that I get from this little anchor I keep by my windowsill… :-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 7: A silhouette photo
First of all, I apologize for not uploading a picture yesterday but by the time I got home it was dark and I obviously needed a little light to make a silhouette… Also, I think I'm having a little too much fun using the self-timer on myself ;-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 8: A photo of something close-up
My sleeping turtles, Franklin and Angie...


Photo Challenge - DAY 9: A photo of something from a distance


Photo Challenge - DAY 10: A photo of whatever you please
I KNOW THE SUN MUST SET TO RISE...


Photo Challenge - DAY 11: A black and white photo
It rained on my birthday this morning, it cleared up during the day, and then it rained again at night. But here's the thing, I LOVE the rain! I love October rain because when I can't go to the beach, the rain brings the water to me...
This is a picture of a jeep swimming over the puddles of rain outside. Safe Travels, driver! We've got a LOT of places to go this year! AND I CAN'T WAIT! ;-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 12: A photo experimenting with bokeh
The concept of bokeh has always fascinated me. I've seen some of the most brilliant bokeh effects in pictures but I could never seem to figure out the camera settings. But since today's challenge forced me to learn it, this is my first attempt. The source with enough different coloured lights was from the city streets outside…
It's not as good as I had hoped, but I'm dying to try this out on the Christmas tree in two months time, inshallah! :-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 13: A photo edit that you like
The pigeons outside seem have taken a liking to our 9th floor balcony. And though mum hates them for eating her plants all day, for me, they make excellent shooting models! :-P This is Sam, with a little photoshop for extra drama ;-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 14: A photo focusing on eyes
Sometimes I wish my eyes were camera lenses, so I could zoom in and out and focus and capture all the beautiful bits of this world… :-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 15: A photo of whatever you please
I'll always love shooting candid street spirit the most! ;-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 16: A photo experimenting with light trails
I took a light trail of this car's headlights just as it was turning the corner of the street...
The magic you can work by just tweaking a few camera settings is incredible! Here's my camera formula for this shot: ISO100, f/5.6, 3.2s


Photo Challenge - DAY 17: A photo with street lights
How beautiful today's challenge would have been had I lived in a country where street lights shone brighter than a car's headlights… Nonetheless, I love contrast in light in this picture (100% taken by camera, no photoshop whatsoever… damn, I'm getting good at night photography! :-P)


Photo Challenge - DAY 18: A photo depicting emotion
Of all the emotions in the world, from sadness, to anger, to fear, to happiness, or love, there is nothing I want right now more than freedom…
Standing at the top of the world, all possibilities in front of you, knowing you can fly to wherever you please. That's the emotion I want to express today...


 Photo Challenge - DAY 19: A photo that involves landscapes


Photo Challenge - DAY 20: A photo of whatever you please
Aaand, we're back on track! :-D
THIS, darlings, is my waterproof lens... Tried and Tested ;-)


 Photo Challenge - DAY 21: A photo of the sunset
Well, since I've been under house arrest since Friday night (wouldn't want to accidentally get shot by a stray bullet from the crazies outside :-P), I couldn't get to the sunset today...
But since I don't want to postpone any more days of this challenge, how about I draw it on paint?


Photo Challenge - DAY 22: A photo of the person you love
O dear, how do I get myself out of this one? :-P Let me be honest, there are quite a few people that I would like to put here. But to get them all together in one place at one time doesn't seem like much of a possibility. So…
I decided to put together a couple of treasured items from treasured people. Each one of these mementos holds a special meaning and means the world to me (you all know who you are and I love you so! :-)


 Photo Challenge - DAY 23: A photo that makes you think of childhood
As a kid, my favourite movie was Disney's Aladdin. I remember the first time I saw it, which was actually one of my first times at a cinema, back in 1992. I was 5 years old, and I remember it being a rainy afternoon in Ottawa when Dad took me to see it. And that's all it took to get me hooked to Aladdin and movies…
The monkey, Abu, was my second favourite character (after Al of course ;-) I've had a whole bunch of stuffed toys, most of which I've given away over the years. But one of the few toys that I've kept with me is this adorable Abu :-)


 Photo Challenge - DAY 24: A photo that has a colour scheme
I've recently come to learn that photography is all about light and how you play with it. For today's challenge, I picked our salon as my playground. And with a little light, a little crystal, and a little chair I used to climb on to level myself to this wall chandelier, I got this picture with fifty shades of light (ISO 100, f/4.5, 1/100s - unedited ;-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 25: A photo of whatever you please
With Eid Al-Adha tomorrow, May God's Blessings be upon you all ♥


Photo Challenge - DAY 26: A photo playing with shadows
I've said it before and I'll say it again, photography is all about light and how you play with it. And you can't play with shadows without playing with light. Light is, after all, my first name! And I'm starting to get the big idea… Stay Tuned! ;-)


Photo Challenge - DAY 27: A photo using the sun as your lighting
This isn't the photo I had in mind for today's challenge. I wanted to point my camera directly at the sun and let all the colours of the light make the picture. But the unusually serene mountains and Columbus clouds outside my window stole the bright story from me, and left me with this magical reality instead...


Photo Challenge - DAY 28: A photo that incorporates motion
I spent this Sunday with my little cousin, Celine. There's always something so special about being with her, always smiling and so full of life. So for a picture that incorporates motion, I couldn't find a better subject than my energetic lil sunshine! God Bless You, CiCi! ♥


Photo Challenge - DAY 29: A photo with clouds
With the end of the daylight savings season, it's getting darker an hour sooner. In fact, by the time I got home from work today, grabbed my cam, and went out on the balcony, it was already sunset, but what a sunset it was!
I stepped out to find this breathtaking view of the colours of the sky... I swear, colour for colour this was the sky! Not a tint of photoshop was used: AMAZING! :-D


Photo Challenge - DAY 30: A photo of whatever you please
That's it folks, the "30-Day Photography Challenge" is officially over. It passed by so fast, as did my darling October. I want to thank all my friends and new followers I gained this month. Thank you for all the likes, the comments, the photo tips, the encouragement (you all know who you are! ;-)
I'm going to end it with a picture of the full moon tonight. May it always shine bright above you… THANK YOU! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment